Welcome to the first post of 2011!
- The Eldarion Team has launched "Gondor: An effortless production django hosting". Currently, it is in private beta and going by the homepage sounds very exciting.
- PK Shiu has graphically explained the workflow of South, the most preferred migration tool for django.
- Andy McKay has written an article on how to integrate bleach, an HTML whitelist and sanitizer with django. Rather than escaping the user's input completely (like innocuous formatting tags), it escapes only the risky tags like script tags.
- There is an interesting article on O'Reilly Answers on "5 Things You Might Now Know about jQuery".
- Andrew Scott has a very thoughtful article on his experiences developing an android app coming from a Java ME background.
- If you use django-piston for exposing RESTful APIs for your django app, you might also want to try out django-tastypie. It's got lesser boiler-plate code to write but the documentation has details on when to choose tastypie.
- Always been confused on what the encode and decode methods on string and unicode objects do in python? There's a question in stackoverflow that answers the question.
- There's a very humorous cartoon on XKCD on how to write good code ;-)
- Sai Kiran, our designer at Agiliq has written a review for the book "The Principles of Beautiful Web Design".
Thank you for reading the Agiliq blog. This article was writen by thejaswi on Jan 7, 2011 in linkroundup .
You can subscribe ⚛ to our blog.
We love building amazing apps for web and mobile for our clients. If you are looking for developmenrt help, contact us today ✉.
Would you like to download 10+ free Django and Python books? Get them here