It's been a while since we posted a link roundup. With holidays starting soon, we thought of advancing the post.
- Are you a full-stack programmer? Interesting article by Carlos Bueno of Facebook on the various interconnections in computing.
- Daniel Greenfeld wrote a post on why he prefers stupid template languages. His post received reactions from Armin Ronacher, author of Jinja2, Mike Bayer of Mako and Steve Holden, chairman of the PSF.
- If you are using Django 1.1, then it is time for you to upgrade to the latest minor revision in the series 1.1.3. Check the security release post.
- Django 1.3 beta 1 has been released and we can expect some good news soon. Check James Bennett's post on the djangoproject site.
- markitup is a jQuery plugin that converts a textarea into a markup editor. It supports a wide variety of markup languages and has a neat preview feature. All this under 10Kb.
- Yann Malet of LincolnLoop has a post on using proxy models in django to customize the admin.
- Disqus has released quite a few interesting projects off late and Nexus seems to be very interesting.
- Skype was down for quite some time today and almost totally cut us off. Dan York has an article on understanding the Skype outage.
- Red Hat has touched an annual revenue of $1 billion. It has the distinction of the first open source company to touch this figure. Now if only, they could upgrade the python version on their enterprise linux variants ;-)
Thank you for reading the Agiliq blog. This article was writen by thejaswi on Dec 23, 2010 in linkroundup .
You can subscribe ⚛ to our blog.
We love building amazing apps for web and mobile for our clients. If you are looking for developmenrt help, contact us today ✉.
Would you like to download 10+ free Django and Python books? Get them here