- Jacob Kaplan-Moss has a beautiful article on concrete inheritance vs abstract models for inheritance. Must read!
- Charles Leifer, the current maintainer of Django Snippets has an exhaustive blog post on setting up search using the Solr backend for Haystack.
- Chris Heilmann has an interesting video on "Reasons to be Cheerful: being a web developer is awesome!"
- Piotr Malinski has a blog post on how to use web based image editors within django apps.
- How WooMe is using django and postgresql and scaling up to tens of thousands of queries per second.
- Learn Python The Hard Way, a beginner Python book written primarily by Zed Shaw is now up for sale in both e-book and dead tree editions.
- Google releases an Apache module to run websites faster called mod_pagespeed. The module performs some optimizations on the caching, round-trip, payload size etc to improve page speeds. Should be an interesting weekend experiment to see how it copes with dynamic applications.
- Here at agiliq, Javed wrote a wonderful post on "7 reasons why you should switch to Vim".
Thank you for reading the Agiliq blog. This article was written by thejaswi on Nov 3, 2010 in linkroundup .
You can subscribe ⚛ to our blog.
We love building amazing apps for web and mobile for our clients. If you are looking for development help, contact us today ✉.
Would you like to download 10+ free Django and Python books? Get them here