- How DOM events work? Fantastic article by Jeremy Kahn of JupiterJS.
- django gets class based views. Thanks to everyone who contributed. Check the doc for more details and the migration guide.
- Search Engine Foo: Use DuckDuckGo to search the django and python docs from within your browser. Just use !django <search query> or a !python <search query> to search the docs. Check a django example search and python example search. DuckDuckGo has a lot of other goodies too.
- With the inclusion of django-staticfiles in contrib, there's been a good debate on the decision behind adding apps to contrib. Jacob talks about how he wouldn't have a contrib if he was to rewrite django from scratch and the decision behind not including some popular apps like Django Debug Toolbar, South and django-registration into contrib. Do read and chime in your thoughts.
- Starting from November 1, Amazon plans to offer a micro EC2 instance free for an year for new customers. Check the page for more details.
- The results of the Git Survey 2010 are out. Not very different compared to the last year's results (from a quick glance).
- Continuous integration with django and hudson is a blog post by Michael Foord. He also has a related post on his personal blog.
- Merchant, the django app that provides a uniform API and pluggable interface for various payment processors now has 'some' docs. Let us know how we can improve the project further.
Thank you for reading the Agiliq blog. This article was writen by thejaswi on Oct 22, 2010 in linkroundup .
You can subscribe ⚛ to our blog.
We love building amazing apps for web and mobile for our clients. If you are looking for developmenrt help, contact us today ✉.
Would you like to download 10+ free Django and Python books? Get them here